If PPI was mis-sold to you as well, just like the million others across the country, do not worry as the tips mentioned below would certainly help you get started with the refund claim procedure. It is not as difficult as you may have thought, but a little bit of patience and perseverance is the key to success.
- The first thing that you need to do is to collect all the information you can about claiming PPI on the internet, as well as by contacting the bank that sold you the PPI.
- Gather all the proofs and valid documents that suggest that the PPI was sold to you, and verify how it was mis-sold.
- Contact the bank and register a formal complaint and request a refund.
- Fill the claim application letter and submit it to the bank, along with all the necessary and related documents that verify that the PPI was sold and mis-sold to you.
- Along with the claim application, you can also write a letter to the bank explaining how the PPI was sold to you. The bank would look into the matter and match your documents and claims with their records, and finally reach a conclusion.
- If the banks do not reply in a couple of weeks, do not hesitate to follow up with the bank.
- In case of rejection, use your right and option to take the claim to FOS or Financial Ombudsman Service who will mediate and conclude who’s right and wrong in a non-biased manner.
If you are one of the victims of the PPI scam and want to get your PPI refund, then the tips mentioned above can be extremely helpful. It would not only make the process of getting the refund back much easier, it would also ensure that you do not have to wander around and struggle to get back what you rightfully deserve. Stop wondering how to claim ppi, and get started with the process. It has become much easier to get back the PPI refund, and the assistive services provided by FOS, claim management companies and the lawyers can be very helpful in the process as well, if you are finding it difficult to get through the claim process by yourself.
Author Bio – Viktor Mikhailov is a popular name in the world of insurance and finance, and his books are famous world over. He has written on PPI as well extensively, which has helped his readers why it happened, and how to get the money back from the banks in a systematic manner.